Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Quick Guide to Emily

Hello class! This is my last semester at McGill, and soon I will graduate with a degree in Anthropology. Though it will say anthropology, I venture to say it should say that I really studied archaeology- anthropology insinuates I study living cultures. However I enjoy learning about dead cultures, hence archaeology. This is my first summer staying in Montreal, other years I have gone off excavating in obscure places such as northern Finland. In September I am going to South Korea to teach English with some friends. Until then, unless I am in class, you will probably find me either i. sitting on the steps of my apartment building, ii. in the library, iii. aimlessly wandering around Montreal or iv. crashing into objects while rollerblading. I also enjoy experimental archaeology, which means I make stone tools.

No comments: